The TGI Nail Technician Course will provide the student with the educational requirements needed to pass the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners written and practical exams. In addition, it will help the student to be prepared for work in a salon or spa.
Total Program Length:
300 total hours
37.5 hours per week – 8 Weeks
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Start Dates: Monthly – contact us for the next start date
Tuition & Fees:
Enrollment Fee: $50*
Kit & Book Fee: $550* (included in the tuition fee)
Total Program Fees: $4,050
Down Payment to reserve your seat: $600 (Enrollment Fee + Kit & Book Fee) Plus either 1st & last week ($862.50) or 1st month ($1,725) or payment in full depending upon the financial payment arrangement made at the time of enrollment. Balance to be paid weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly according to payment plan selected.
*Enrollment Fee, Kit & Book Fee are non-refundable.
**Financial Aid is not offered at this time.
***Not included in the above tuition & fees: uniforms, state board examination fees, state board licensing fees
TGI follows state board curriculum requirements and it includes the following (additional areas of training are also offered and listed below)
- Infection Control (Salon Safety & Sanitation/Disinfection)
- Blood Exposure Procedures
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Chemistry (relating to nail care)
- Diseases & Disorders of the Nails
- Tool /Implement Safety
- Basic Manicure
- Basic Pedicure
- Advanced/Spa Manicure
- Advanced/Spa Pedicure
- Arm & Hand Manipulation
- Foot & Leg Manipulation
- Nail Tips
- Acrylic Application (overlay, sculptured, over tips, fill, repair, removal)
- Gel Application (overlay, sculptured, over tips, fill, repair, removal)
- Nail Art
- Electric File Use
- Business Management
- Professional Ethics
- Board Rules & Regulations
- State Board Exam Preparation
- And more
Nail Technician Kit:
Every student will receive a complete Nail Technician Course Kit. Our kits are compiled with the materials and tools needed to complete the program and take the state board exam.
Each kit contains…..
- Manicuring Products
- Pedicuring Products
- Acrylic Products
- Wrap Products
- Tools & Accessories
- Sanitation Products & Tools
- Practice Hand & Finger
- Professional Rolling Train Case
Upgrade options may be available upon request.
- Completion of the required 300 clocked school hours
- Tuition paid in full
- Maintain an 85% GPA
- Completion of Theory & Practical practice and testing
- Completion of all performance evaluations
- Completion of all class assignments